Thursday 28 July 2011

Woah, its been a while!

I can't believe its been so long since I've been able to write this... time has flown by!

Main problems for me have been the sudden speed that took over as the end of term drew near. It was like all I could do was work all hours to keep up with where I needed to be, and even then I still have a few bits left over to sort for next year!!! That's before I start my 'holiday' work lol

But before then I am going to have a few days of being very creative and try and get my mojo back. One big boost for that was selling an Owl picture in the local gallery http://www.moonmeadow.com/  Apparently it was the last purchase two regular buyers made from the gallery before emigrating to New Zealand!!! I hope it's gone with them and is speading the word far and wide :)
I haven't stopped being creative while I've not been on here. I've handed the blue heart that was on Folksy to the Gallery to keep my work in there, and I have everything crossed I am able to be creative again now I've managed to get rid of a lot of stress recently.

I've been knitting and crocheting a lot, as I find both very relaxing and rarely sit and do nothing even if I'm watching tv etc. I've just been putting the finishing touches to two baby blankets. One knitted for the little boy next door, and the other crocheted for the little girl on the other side of me! Fingers crossed they are well received...

I am also working on my Woolsack Cushion project, which is my next WIP to finish, then I think I'm going to look at making something for myself. Mum was shocked at the multiplying wool stores I now have all over the house and is supplying more boxing for me to keep it safe in as she's working down her stash by making small crocheted blankets for my school project for the Dogs Trust! I have been investigating other charity projects lately as I like the idea of helping others, and I'm probably going to do a wrap for www.irhh.org/wrappedwithlove and I'm also thinking that knitted mice could be fun for http://www.battersea.org.uk/about_us/whats_new/cat_knitting.html Will post any completed projects for either on here.

Next year at School I'm considering renaming the 'group' I'm running Creative Wool Crafts and see if I'm allowed to do some Yarn or Pom pom bombing in the school site to make things a bit more colourful!!! Lets see how far my good will with the head goes :)

Best rest now and get some sleep as I'm off to http://www.mainpinecompany.com/ tomorrow and I'm very excited. How I wish I could afford a kitchen made by them... maybe investigate a mantle piece instead lol Love their recycling wood philosophy. Enjoy and keep smiling :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment